Saturday 29 October 2011

Big H - Behind the Scenes

Big H's biggest track, and the one that turn me around to his style and made me appreciate his work more. There really is no theme to this track, the lyrics are just one big, ridiculous claim after another from the mind of a stoned, confused, misunderstood coke dealer. He really has a great niche here, no one really writes lyrics the way he does - he takes the 8 bar format of old school grime and uses it for whole songs - saying shit that sounds cool without really caring if it makes sense. This song has some really gems like "hit him in the head with a vase, 18 shots put your face on mars" "if I see feds, oh my lord, 15 keys and I'm not insured", "I feel hungry all of a sudden, go to the fridge, open the oven, go to the microwave press any button" and who could forget "had a long day, I don't wanna talk, got on a plane with no passport". This isn't some Lil B shit - the beat is strong and H can really flow, but god damn it, those random claims he makes every two bars are what makes him such a great MC.

Fire & Smoke will probably be delayed til like 2017 but when it comes out it'll be shit hot, mark my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment